The Union for Contemporary Art is committed to strengthening the creative culture of the greater Omaha area by providing direct support to local artists and increasing the visibility of contemporary art forms in our community of north Omaha. In every endeavor, we strive to inspire positive social change. The organization was founded on the belief that the arts can be a vehicle for social justice and greater civic engagement.
POSITION Program Assistant
COMMITMENT Full-time position, 40 hours/week. Average schedule will run from Tuesday through Saturday from 10:30am to 6:30pm, some evening hours may be necessary.
COMPENSATION Salary and benefit information available upon request
OVERVIEW The Union for Contemporary Art seeks a passionate and self-motivated individual to provide a broad range of support to our administrative and program staff. Responsible for managing the organization’s reception desk, this team member will be a direct liaison between The Union and the individuals we serve. This position will also provide additional support for The Union’s programs, as needed, and work closely with the entire staff in the development and facilitation of our programs and projects. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills. The Union seeks to recruit an individual with strong interpersonal skills, a respectful attitude for the work of the organization and the communities we serve, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, oral, and written communication skills; the ability to work independently and with teams; and the ability to work effectively with the public
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage time, and meet deadlines while juggling multiple duties and tasks
- An interest in the arts with a basic understanding of various genres and processes is highly preferred
- Comfortable using Microsoft office tools and Google Docs
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the front desk and library area of our facility, this includes answering phones, greeting guests and assisting with the check-in of Co-Op Studio members.
- Have a detailed understanding of The Union’s mission and be able to fully discuss our programs and projects with the greater community.
- Perform basic administrative tasks, such as: maintaining the building calendar, ordering supplies, assisting with mailings and fundraising initiatives, etc.
- Provide various levels of support for our programs and projects, as needed. This may include assisting during exhibition openings, processing ticket sales for theater performances, managing volunteers, or helping to prepare materials for workshops and events.
- Manage the opening and closing of our facility and monitor security camera activity during business hours.
- Manage volunteer database and coordinate volunteer participation with various programs and events
TO APPLY Please send one-page cover letter summarizing your qualifications, a resume or CV, and contact information for three references to Paige Reitz at email@example.com. Send mailed applications to The Union for Contemporary Art, 2417 Burdette Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68111.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Union. Please be advised that we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open position.
The Union for Contemporary Art is an equal opportunity employer. We do not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, gender, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. Period.