The Fellowship Program combines our mission and vision, offering an experience for our local artists that not only supports their creative process, but also provides them with opportunities to engage north Omaha residents in mutually beneficial ways. Once per year, a jury helps us to select five artists living in the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro area to serve as fellows. We accept applications from artists and collectives working in any creative discipline and at any career level.
The fellowship cohort collaborates on the development and implementation of a socially engaged public project, with an expected contribution of 60 hours per fellow over the course of the program. In exchange for this commitment The Union provides each fellow with:
- A private studio, at no cost to the artist for eleven months
- An $1800 materials stipend
- A yearlong free membership to The Co-Op, with extended access to the digital media lab, fabric studio, ceramic studio, print shop, tool library, and wood shop
- Technical support throughout The Co-Op and free participation in all Co-Op workshops
- Inclusion in a curated group exhibition at the completion of the fellowship
- Professional documentation of the group exhibition
- Opportunities to participate in public programs at The Union
- Access to workshops on social justice advocacy and socially engaged artistic strategies
- At least one field trip to see/hear about civically engaged art in the region
- An experienced mentor working in the arts
- Studio visits with guest artists and curators
Applications are currently closed. We will reopen applications for our 2019 Fellowship cohort in June 2018.
If you still have questions regarding our Fellowship program after reading the document linked above, please contact our Director of Programs + Projects Paige Reitz at email@example.com or (402) 933-3161.