Please join us on Saturday, June 28th from 6pm to 9pm at 200 South 31st Avenue, Suite 4107 in Midtown Crossing for The Union’s first fundraising event, SWAP + SHOP.
SWAP + SHOP will give you an opportunity to turn the art that you may have outgrown into a new piece that better suits your style. SWAP a piece of art that no longer moves you, fits into your space — or that you’ve just outgrown -- for a new piece that you love. Don’t have anything you’d like to swap, but are looking to SHOP for great art at affordable prices — no worries, everything is also for sale at $100!
… think of it as an amazing $100 art sale + swap meet mash up!
In addition to scoring a great new piece of art, your $10 admission fee provides you with a chance to feast on snacks, grab a drink and listen to some great live music all evening long. Add several awesome raffles and live art making to the mix and you’ve got a stellar evening of art-full entertainment. Plus, all of the proceeds raised during the evening will go directly towards helping The Union for Contemporary Art better serve our local arts community!
Admission tickets can be purchased in advance, right up to the day of the event, by scrolling to the bottom of the page. Please be sure to bring your tickets with you on the 28th.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1) Drop off your artwork (2D and/or 3D) at one of the locations listed below to receive your ticket to swap:
• June 10th thru 25th at The Union // 2417 Burdette Street // Mon – Fri from 11am to 6pm
• June 21st and 22nd at 200 South 31st Avenue, Suite 4107 in Midtown Crossing from 10am to 3pm each day
2) On June 28th head to Midtown Crossing early to stake out a spot at the front of the line – and be sure to bring your ticket with you. Your ticket is the only thing that identifies you as being eligible to take a piece of art for free. If you don’t have your ticket, you won’t be able to take an artwork for free.
3) Once you arrive, you’ll pay your $10 admission fee ($20 if you’d like a limited edition tote!) and start searching for a piece of art to call your own. When you find something you’d like as your SWAP, grab the card next to the piece and it’s yours. Feel free to eat, drink and listen to the band for a bit – when you’re ready to leave bring your swap ticket and card to the check out table and we’ll get your new piece of art for you.
1) On June 28th head to Midtown Crossing early to stake out a spot at the front of the line. Have your $10 admission fee ($20 if you’d like a limited edition tote!) handy and get ready to SHOP – doors will open at 6pm sharp!
2) All of the works will be available for swap or purchase, and everything will be priced at $100! Once you’ve found some thing(s) you’d like to buy, just grab the card next to the piece and you’ve officially claimed it.
3) Feel free to eat, drink and listen to the band for a bit – when you’re ready to call it a night, bring your card(s) to the check out table to pay and we’ll get your new artwork for you.
This event would not be possible without the support of our sponsors: