your support + impact in 2017
With your generous support, The Union has expanded in 2017 in ways even we could not have imagined! The move to the Blue Lion Center last January represented a nearly fivefold increase in physical and organizational capacity. Since then, over 10,000 visitors have joined us on North 24th Street to connect, create and celebrate the arts. The impact has been huge:
- More than 10,000 community members (and counting) have visited The Union for exhibitions, free art classes, lectures, community forums + more
- Over 200 North Omaha youth participated in our free art programs through our after school and Saturday Art Club
- Nearly 600 audience members attended our Performing Arts Collective productions that reflect authentic and diverse narratives about Black experiences
- The Co-Op served 141 local member artists
- We've collaborated with 50 community partners ranging from health and human service organizations to other cultural institutions
- Plans are underway for our new Abundance Garden (expected Summer 2018) which will include an outdoor classroom, performance space, geodesic dome greenhouse, and over 1000 square feet of growing space
Your donation does more than help purchase supplies and keep the lights on . . . it allows the arts to become a bridge, connecting our diverse community in innovative and meaningful ways to create a stronger, more inclusive Omaha. The Union for Contemporary Art has made huge leaps in just a few years due to the generosity of our community. Thank you for your support!
YOUR TALENT CAN HELP
We are now accepting information for volunteers. You have knowledge and life experience that can help us work toward our mission of using the arts for community building and social justice. If you or someone you know would be interested in volunteering to assist programs such as: performing arts collective, co-op studios, garden project, and youth clubs please submit your information via our Google Form. Those chosen to work with youth must undergo a background check. All volunteers will receive a volunteer orientation with a Union staff member.
If you have questions about our work, please get in touch by filling out this form.